As the festival of indulgence (Christmas) commences I thought I would bring you a series of blogs to help you keep on track with losing the lard. Although those Lindt reindeers might be tempting for breakfast, this chocolate granola will be sure to keep those cravings at bay.
150g mixed nuts and fruit
1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
150g coconut oil, melted
Alrpo Vanilla Yogurt, to serve
- Coconut flakes
- Dark chocolate chips
- Flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper (if you don’t have any just stir more regularly to avoid the mixture sticking).
- Place the mixed nuts & fruit, oats, protein powder and cinnamon in a bowl – mix together.
- Pour in the coconut oil and agave over the mixture, mix until combined. If your mixture looks a little dry then feel free to add slightly more coconut oil. You will have the perfect consistency when parts of the mixture start to combine.
- Spread out evenly over the baking tray (with or without baking paper).
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until your mixture is browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- Serve with 3 tablespoons of Alpro Vanilla Yogurt.
Benefits of Granola to helping you lose the lard:
- Improves blood pressure and cholesterol levels: Oats are high in fibre and a great source of beta-glucan, which has been shown to help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Reduces blood sugar: The dried fruit, nuts, and seeds will help reduce blood sugar levels, which is essential for people with obesity and diabetes.
- Provides many antioxidants: Coconut flakes and chia seeds are excellent sources of antioxidants which will help with inflammatory conditions.
*Disclosure: Some of the links in the blog post are affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you I will earn commission if you click through and make a purchase*